Adi Shankaracharya Jayanti: Adi Shankaracharya was born in 788 AD. He came from a Brahmin family. His father name is Shivaguru and mother Aryamba. From the childhood, he was very intelligent, at the age of 2 he studied all the Vedas and Puranas.
Adi Shankaracharya Jayanti 2019 Images
Within a short period, his name has spread throughout the world. He was a most renowned philosopher and theologian in India. Adi Shankaracharya was consolidated with a doctorate of Advaita Vedanta. He travelled across the India to propagate his philosophy through conducting debates and programs.
Since childhood, Shankaracharya possessed immense devotion and spiritual wisdom. He established the importance of monastic life in the Upanishads and Brahma Sutras. He was the founder of the Philosophy “Advaita Vedanta” which is one of the Dashanami Sampradaya in Hindu community.
Adi Shankaracharya worked to join all the 6 religions into one by spreading his philosophy Advaita Vedanta. He believed in the philosophy of non-dualism. Shankaracharya believes the fact that every individual has their own existence, which can be identified with the “Supreme Cosmic Power”. The meaning regarding this is “Though bodies are diverse, but the soul in one. Also know about Surdas Jayanti Here who is the great disciple of Lord Krishna and also a famous poet.
Happy Adi Shankaracharya Jayanti 2019 Teachings Sayings
He was a major supporter of Vedanta “Lord Brahma”. People consider Adi Shankaracharya as the incarnation of Lord Shiva.He achieved a great recognition throughout the world by conducting many debates. The only weapon for his achievement was his knowledge and spirituality.
Adi Shankaracharya also founded four “Peethas” (Monasteries) called “Mathas”. Each Peetha is located at different parts of India.
- Jyothi Peetham, Badarikashram in Uttarakhand.
- Kalika Peetham at Dwaraka in Gujarat.
- Sarada Peetham at Sringeri in Karnataka.
- Govardhana Peetham in Jagannath at Puri in Orissa.
These 4 Peethas are most famous pilgrim destination in the India.
Adi Shankaracharya Jayanti 2019 Quotes
1) Brahma Satyam Jagat Mithya, Jivo Brahmaiva Naparah.
2) Udyamena hi sidhyanti Karyani na manorathaih: (One will achieve goals by hard work, but not by building castle in air.
3) Jnaanam bhaarh Kriyaam vinaa: (Knowledge is a burden without any action).
4) Yadrishee bhaavanaa yasya siddhirbhavati taadrishree. (Whatever we imagine in the dream the outcome would be similar to that).
5) Udaracharitanam Tu Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam. (The people with a generous character, the whole world would be like one family).