Ugadi Pachadi: Ugadi celebrated every year by Telugu and Kannada people. They consider it as a New Year. It is the first day of Chaitra Masam, according to Hindu Calendar. Every year it falls on different dates. The word Ugadi is a Sanskrit word meaning “The Beginning Of A New Age.” It means from the word Ugadi, Uga means “Age” and Adi means “Beginning.” It also has two more names. They are Vikram Samvat and Bhartiya Nav Varsh.
Preparation Of Ugadi Pachadi
This festival celebrated in a few states like Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, and Karnataka. On this festival, people wake up early in the morning and have a shower bath. They dress in traditional and offer prayers to God. They decorate houses with flowers and mango leaves. Special items made on this Ugadi are Ugadi Pachadi and Bhakshalu. These both items are a unique attraction of this festival. So on this special occasion wish your dear and near ones a Happy Ugadi by sending messages wishes Quotes Whatsapp Status and more.
Ugadi Pachadi has a unique taste. It is a combination of six different flavors. Each taste in it resembles the feelings we experience in our daily life. It is simply a mixture of all emotions we face in our life. The six different tastes while drinking Ugadi Pachadi are Sweet, Bitter, Sour, Tangy, Salt, and Spicy. Each taste in it resembles Happy, Sad, Sorrow, Good and Bad in our life. This Ugadi Pachadi is also well known as Shadruchi Sammelan. It means this represents six different tastes.
Ugadi Pachadi Recipe
Ingredients Used In Ugadi Pachadi:
- Grated Raw Mango – 2 Tablespoons
- Tamarind – In Small Amount
- Jaggery – ½ Cup (powdered)
- Salt – Quarter Tea Spoon
- Neem flowers Petals – 2 Tea Spoons
- Green chilies – ½ Tea Spoon (finely cut into pieces)
- Banana – 1 (cut into small pieces)
Steps To Make Ugadi Pachadi
1. First, soak tamarind for 15 minutes in water.
2. After 15 min takes the pulp into a separate vessel and makes sure that it should be watery.
3. Now add powdered jaggery to tamarind water and wait to dissolve it.
4. Then add chopped banana pieces, neem flowers, green chili pieces, salt and mango pieces into that mixture.
5. Mix all the ingredients and serve into glasses.
Ugadi Pachadi With Six Tastes
Preparation of Ugadi Pachadi is as per the above steps. It is yummy, and the taste is also different from all other drinks. While drinking Ugadi Pachadi, we feel all six different tastes. Ugadi Pachadi Recipe is simple and easy to prepare. This is a formal drink made by every Hindu on Ugadi festival. This year Ugadi falls on 6th April. Hope this article helps you in knowing the Recipe Of Ugadi Pachadi with six different tastes. Also, search for more on KSweekly.