Memorial Day is celebrated to memorize those people who die in military services. This comes in the last days of springs and Happy Memorial Day is observed in America. Every year it is celebrated on the last Monday of May. This year it falls on 27th May 2019.
What is Memorial Day
The Day we honor and remember the people who die in the military services. They clean and decorate the graveyards of the soldiers and all the family members gather at one place. In 1971, the act of Congress declares the Memorial Day as a national holiday. This day has gained more prominent after the American Civil war where they decide to honor each and every soldier who lost their lives for the nation. The wearing of poppies on Memorial Weekend is a token of honoring the soldiers who lost their lives in war.
Happy Memorial Day 2019 Images
The day is a national holiday by the federal government and all people remember the sacrifice and honor of the soldiers. Citizens of Americans remember soldiers with the images uploaded in social media. They update the status in WhatsApp and also Facebook. So, we need to honor their death for the nation and be responsible for our country. There are many images which will help you to celebrate Memorial Day. So, here you can see some images which you can send to your friends and family on this important day.
Memorial Day 2019 Quotes
The red field Poppy is the first plant to grow when seeds scatter and only germinates when the ground is disturbed. A World War, which was a brutal fight where these are the first plants that have grown in the battlefields. So, wearing poppies has become a tradition on this day to remember the soldiers who lost their lives. There are Quotes by some famous people which will make us remember the offering of the soldiers to the nation. So, we have given you the best quotes to celebrate the Happy Memorial Day
- “No person was ever honors for what he receives. Honor has been the reward for what he gave.”- Calvin Coolidge
- “There is no question what the role of honor in America is. The role of honor consists of the names of men who have squared their conduct by ideals of duty.” – Woodrow T. Wilson
- “The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.” – Jeff Miller
Memorial Day Wishes Greetings
- “There are so many ways to be brave in this world. Sometimes bravery involves laying down your life for something bigger than yourself, or for someone else.”-Veronica Roth
- “The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms for one’s country”-George S. Patton Jr.
- “Liberty is never unalienable; it must be redeemed regularly with the blood of patriots or it always vanishes. Of all the so-called natural human rights that have ever been invented, liberty is least likely to be cheap and is never free of cost.”-Robert A. Heinlein
- “Most have been forgotten. Most deserve to be forgotten. The heroes will always be remembered the best”-George R.R. Martin
Also, check Holy Saturday Quotes, Wishes, Images
Happy Memorial Day 2019 WhatsApp Status
There is a need that we need to wish each other and remember their death on this Happy Memorial Day. This inspires us and also we need to remember our duties as a citizen toward our nation. So, Send these wishes and messages in your WhatsApp contacts and also write them on cards and give to those hero families who have given everything for the nation.
- Memorial Day this year is especially important as we remind almost daily of the great sacrifices that the men and women of the Armed Services make to defend our way of life.
- The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender or submission.
- It doesn’t take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle.
- Our nation owes a debt to its fallen heroes that we can never fully repay, but we can honor their sacrifice.
- They fell, but o’er their glorious grave
Floats free the banner of the cause they died to save.
Blow out, you bugles, over the rich Dead!
There’s none of these so lonely and poor of old,
But, dying has made us rarer gifts than gold.
Memorial Day 2019 Messages
- We are mourning those who died for the United States to remind ourselves of worthy ideals, virtues, and priorities. May their sacrifice be a constant reminder of things that matter.
- To those who gave their lives in service to our country. Thank you for your invaluable contribution, renewed hopes, and national aspirations.
- We are forever grateful for the ultimate sacrifice of those who died for the United States of America. May their courage and dedication will never forget.
For more information and latest updates check ksweekly.